Apartments in Brisbane are in surplus. That means two things
1. Prices are reduced
2. Capital gains wont be great for a while
Vacancy rates are also quite high – so that means
1. You can rent with great livability (some place have free cleaning for two years, or free laundry etc)
2. Yield will not be great for a while
The reality is, Brisbane’s apartment market is a buyers market. The key markers, population increase, increase in jobs, increase in wages, increases in livability are extremely high in Brisbane.
Almost weekly, we receive reports of companies opening Brisbane offices. With the Super Retail group becoming one of the biggest players in Australia (very soon to be one of the largest online) – a lot of important people have put faith in Brisbane.
Your choices are two
1. Invest in a stronger market for short term capital (with the intent of moving markets again once the gains are capped out)
2. Invest in something like Brisbane for a long term gain
All metrics show that Brisbane will continue to grow, whether its to Melbourne and Sydney levels, are yet to be known.